Friday, June 17, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to this space. Ghanaian name guides; even in paper form, are not only  exceeding hard to find. they are virtually non-existent. Much of our colonial history was written by foreigners with the attendant misconceptions and misinterpretations, many of which were really quite well-meant. In our time let us not depend on others to immortalize our culture.

This blog is a work in progress. As and when I find new names, I will add on. A philanthropist with a starving family looks no less than foolish. Thus being Fante, it seemed to me meet to start with mine own. I will create other pages for other Ghanaian language names in time. If you know any names please, feel obligated to post them. Thanks to everyone who has contributed names and everyone who will. But most especially to my Junior high {JSS} Fante and cultural studies teacher-Mrs. Osei { University Primary School, Legon, Accra], who made me literate in my own language.

No comments:

Post a Comment